Airport Extreme’s route is to provide a network for your devices that use the broadband Internet from your service provider. Despite manufacturer differences, the network created by Airport Extreme is compatible with both Mac and Windows computers. The router sets up in just a couple of minutes and uses standard network cables to make the connection between the various devices. Once your router is set up, you can immediately start surfing the Internet from your couch, bed, or anywhere else in the range. In order to carry out the process, you will need Ethernet cables.
Here are the detailed instructions for carrying out the process:
- Locate the “Internet” port on the back of your cable or DSL modem. If your computer is already connected to the port, remove the cable from Time Capsule Setup.
- Plug one side of the Ethernet cable into the “Internet” port on your modem and plug the other side of the cable into the “Internet/WAN” port, which is also given on the back of the Airport Extreme.
- Connect the power adapter to the airport power port, and plug the other end of the adapter into a surge protector or power strip.
- Unplug the power cord from your cable or DSL modem, and wait 10 seconds before plugging it back in. This will restart the modem, forcing it to establish a connection with Airport Extreme. The router will immediately start sending a wireless network once the connection is made. The default network name is “Airport Extreme.”
- Insert the software disc that came with the AirPort base station into the disc drive on your computer, and wait for the disc to be recognized by your computer. Click “Next” and click “Install” in the window that appears to install the Airport utility to your computer.
- Click on “Start”, “Programs” and “Airport Utility”. Use the utility to set the airport network name and the wireless password. Click “Save” to complete the configuration of Airport Extreme.
In that way, you can set up AirPort Extreme with your computer; let it be a Windows computer or a Mac. The process will not change much, and in the end, you will be able to enjoy wireless internet on your computer without any issue. If you come across any issue by chance, then you can take help from AirPort Routers support who are experts in providing solutions to such problems.